3/08/2015

DON'T MISS MIKEY SHYNE - THE NEW MUSIC SENSATION AND A TRUE INSPIRATION

What really catches me up are people who inspire me. My attention is automatically drawn to them. A story of a 26 years-old and outstanding talented artist from New York City has been brought to me. 
Today, it is a special honor for me to introduce to you the incredible Mikey Shyne.

But before we get into it,  a very special thank you to DJ Tomekk from Boogie Down Berlin, who has as a music producer and icon of its genre always the right feeling for upcoming talents. He made the direct contact for me to Manny Rivera, CEO & Founder of Royality Radio Media LLC

Again a big thank you to Manny Rivera who forwarded my questions to the young artist and made this interview possible.
And for sure - a big thank you to Mikey Shyne himself, who took time to respond to all my questions.  So here we go, enjoy it!

- Hi Mikey and thanks a lot for taking your time. So let's get started.
Thinking back to early childhood , what was your first experience with music?  

As long as I can remember music has been a part of my life on a daily basis. I have always associated music and different sounds with memories.

 When did you start singing, what influenced you?

I've ben singing as long as I could make sounds.  I'd have to say that my mom and grandma are my biggest influences when it comes to nurturing my musical and creative side.  They were always bringing me to concerts and shows at a young age and encouraging me to sing.  I used to put on my own concerts at home using the vacuum cleaner as my microphone.  

- What was the first song that you ever sang? How did it make you feel?

The first full song I remembered by heart and sang is "Where is Love" from Oliver the musical.  I used to sit on the stairway landing at my grandma's and sing it out the window to whoever would listen.  I've always had a strong emotional connection to music and singing was my way of expressing myself or also as an escape.

- Any musicians or music styles you have been influenced by? Favorite artists? 

Early on, 50's Rock n' Roll, The Beatles, Elvis and Showtunes were what I was mainly influenced by.  When I started to grow up, Rock n' Roll, Hip Hop, Classic Rock, Piano Rock and pop became my most influential genres.  My favorite artists are Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, Prince, Luther Vandross, Eminem.

- What are your fondest musical memories ?  


I've had tons of memories singing in choirs, in musicals and jamming with friends. But more recently I've come to love the rush of performing on stage in front of a crowd.  Theres no place I'd rather be than on a lighted stage.  It may sound strange to some but I'm actually more comfortable with myself when I'm performing in front of people than I am in one-on-one conversation.


- What means music for you?  

Music is like the heartbeat of the soul.


- How do you describe your music to people?  

The vision I have for my music is to connect with the listener on an emotional level.  If I can bring them to imagine themselves in my shoes or relate what I'm singing about to their own personal lives then I've done my job.  My music is inspirational and uplifting and I always try to carry a positive message.


- What are your songs about?  

My soon to be released debut album"Dream Runners"  carries an inspirational theme of the underdog coming up from nothing and fulfilling his dream.  I want the listeners to know that once you become able to fight through fear and personal insecurities, anything is possible.  


- Do you write your own songs? What inspires you? 

All my songs are original and I write my own material.  I am my biggest inspiration to be honest.  Just like I have to be self-motivating in order to succeed, I have to be self-inspiring.  My story and personal struggles, and how I've overcome them still take me aback sometimes.  


- Do you play an instrument ?  

I'm learning guitar right now and polishing up my piano skills.


- Where you would like to see yourself in 3 years? What are your next music career goals?  

In three years I would like to be comfortable enough financially to the point where I can focus on making music 24-7.  My next career goals are to get signed to a major label and get my message out there that if I can do it, you can do it.  


- What's your favorite personal quote and why?  

"It's always darkest before the dawn."  This saying has gotten me thru some of the most horrific and painful times of my life.  Including heartbreak, death, homelessness and recovering from addiction.


- Just a last question, on which media platforms fans can find you?  

You can LIKE me on facebook "Mikey Shyne".   

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter @MIKEYSHYNEMUSIC and also on Soundcloud and Reverb Nation.  Just Google me!

Mikey Shyne, thank you so much for the interview! It is a great pleasure for me for having you here ... and let me add, you have found a new fan and a new supporter from Germany.

I wish you all the best and many, many success. You deserve it!

Guys, be sure to check him out      Mikey Shyne - Set Me Free via soundcload 


and follow these official links :


Mikey Shyne Official - fb  


Mikey Shyne Official - soundcload


Mikey Shyne - Twitter



#mikeyshynemusic #setmefree #music #musican #mannyrivera #royalityradiomedia #djtomekk #boogiedownberlin #fromNewYorkToGermany #musicconnects #FlyGirlFaReal #GermanHipHopBlog #GermanMusicBlog




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen